The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for highly skilled individuals who are committed to service, community, and teamwork to be part of our amazing culture of helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance.
The DES, Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Child Support Services Case Manager Support (CSS Officer 1) with the Kingman Office. This position is responsible for providing support to Child Support Services Case Managers, including ordering documents, conducting research and analysis, interviewing parties related to a case, prioritizing case management activities, and updating the automated case management system.
The person in this position will report to the worksite location on a daily basis (non-remote work position).
- Scan/image cases and documents.
- Set up all incoming child support cases within the required federal timeline.
- Review incoming correspondence and respond accordingly.
- Assist applicants in reviewing for completion of applications, forms and legal documents.
- Complete research to determine locations of case-related parties.
- Review, research, and verify accuracy of data received through automated systems and applications.
- Create and update case files.
- Obtain all court documents from clerks of the courts.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Knowledge of computer software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office applications and Google tools.
- General familiarity with office equipment, i.e., scanners, copiers and fax machines.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and investigative procedures.
- Skilled in providing customer service (with heavy public and phone contact).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proficient in conducting research and investigating information.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines; follow set policies and procedures as related to job duties to ensure timeliness, data reliability and accuracy.
- Ability to apply rules and regulations to varying situations; use sound judgment.
- Ability to determine appropriate documents/correspondence to notify case-related parties of pending actions.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with consumers and staff at all levels; work as a team member.
- The ideal/preferred candidate will have experience with: Interviewing, research/investigating, customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (602) 542-8900. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.