Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Central Human Resources (CHR) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Classification & Compensation Specialist. The position provides technical advice and guidance to agency management, division HR, and agency staff regarding classification and compensation determinations.
This position is responsible for:
● Reviewing proposed salary adjustments for conformity to established guidelines, policies, and practices.
● Tracking actions appropriately and ensure timely processing, and create and/or maintain compensation reports such as salary change request, spot incentives, etc.
● Creating reports with data visualization and analysis.
● Reviewing requests for new or revised position descriptions to determine appropriate classification and salary grade assignment within delegation of authority in accordance to applicable Federal and State laws, and Personnel Rules.
● Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating position job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
● Serving as liaison with HR Business Partners and agency management to make recommendations for resolution of classification and compensation issues.
● Participating in small and large scale Classification and Compensation projects of varying complexity, sensitivity, providing analysis, and making recommendations at a professional level.
● HRIS systems Theories, concepts, principles and techniques of all functional areas of position classification under the State Classification Plan.
● State government organization, operation, processes and procedures.
● Rules and regulations sufficient to appropriately interpret and apply to classification and compensation issues and merit system principles.
● Structure, functions, mission, objectives of all major and most medium/small state organizations (department or agency or commission or board) and their relationships to other state organizations.
● Personnel rules and Fair Labor Standards Act, as amended.
● Human Resources Management principles and practices.
● Human Resources Information System (HRIS) payroll/personnel data system.
● Principles and practices of modern organizational development.
● Oral and written communication.
● Research and analytical skills sufficient to compile supporting information from a wide variety of sources, and to organize facts and draw clear and logical conclusions.
● Interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
● Basic math and algebra to obtain and evaluate related compensation data.
● Using computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio etc.)
● Researching, collecting, and analyzing data and reports.; developing and implementing various improvement initiatives.
● Strong Ability to communicate with all levels and relay information as appropriate.
● Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
● Analyze specific problem situations and determine acceptable solutions within the framework of laws, rules and regulations.
● Perform research, collect and analyze data and report information.
● Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
● Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations and streamline work processes.
● Experience working for a public agency analyzing a wide variety of jobs (Executive, Management, Professional, Administrative, etc.), preferably for job evaluation and classification purposes; providing HR services in area of classification and compensation.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field and two years experience as a Senior Human Resources Analyst or equivalent experience; OR five years of experience at the HR Senior level.
● Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
● Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
● Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on State business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Margaret Guerra at 480 601-1445 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 601-1445. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.