Department of Child Safety's Claims Specialist 2 assists both the Phoenix and Tucson Adoption Subsidy Units for payments of claims related to non-recurring adoption expenses (legal fees), approved medical, and respite services. Claims processing is done on behalf of children exiting the foster care system who are identified as having special needs and have been approved for the Adoption Subsidy program prior to being adopted.
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Processes non-recurring claims for attorneys within the time frames outlined in policy.
- Ensures paid claims are for the correct amounts, and adequately supported with the required documentation. Updates system with payment information and notes for historical purposes.
- Maintain positive relationships and accurate communications by telephone or e-mail contacts with attorneys and health care providers as claims are channeled through the approval and payment phases. Be able to provide accurate, real time updates on status of claims.
- Processes claims for approved medical and respite services within the time frames outlined in policy.
- Monitor Landport system. Remain aware of supplies and order, as needed, to ensure ample amounts of supplies are on hand for site.
- Provides back up to Customer Service Representative position. In office duties require covering phones, servicing walk in clients, sending letters, answering questions, data entry, mail processing, and organizing files. Other duties to support the needs of the office.
- General knowledge of DCS foster to adopt process including awareness of special needs children.
- Creating/designing statistical reports and narrative summaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintain positive relationships with client base
- Basic accounting principles
- Detailed and accurate record keeping
- Directing clients on Guardian portal set-up
- Uses basic office machines such as computer, printers, scanner, label machine, multi-line phones
- Work independently
- Learn medical terminology and coding
- Organize large amounts of data using a spreadsheet
- Track completeness of paid claims, and answer client questions pertaining to claims
- Meet deadlines
Ability to secure and sustain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.