Salary: $85,000 - $95,000
Opening Date: 02/18/2020
Closing Date: Announcement will remain open until candidate has been selected.
The Cloud Development Manager is responsible for managing a group of developers and quality engineers to deliver solutions on cloud architecture. The Cloud Development Manager is responsible for building partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine services, the criteria for the delivery of those services, and how to develop solutions to any issues that arise.
This position offers opportunities for:
Child Welfare, IT Project Management, IT Service Delivery, Software Development, DevOps, Microsoft Dynamics, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), OnBase, DocuSign, IT Management
Join a winning team...
The Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS) was recently recognized as a national leader in child welfare technology innovation. DCS received International’s Data Group’s (IDG) prestigious 2018 CIO 100 Award along with international companies such as IBM, Micron Technologies, Verizon, and dozens of other business and technology leaders. DCS received the award after being one of the first child welfare agencies in the nation to overhaul its child welfare operating system, and to implement a secure, cloud-based platform so 1,400 caseworkers can utilize tablets to serve families more efficiently.
- Leads team of developers and quality engineers with performance management and AMS
- Facilitates and leads planning sessions with Business relationship manager
- Manages and oversees all DevOps for DCS with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Integrates new solutions on existing cloud services
- All facets of management and leadership, as well as a vision for the specific business program/function being managed.
- Most infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise.
- The organization’s methodologies and tools.
- The organization’s policies and procedures.
- Interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions.
- Azure Cloud architecture.
- Managing platforms and solutions in cloud environment.
- Microsoft Dynamics, OnBase, InRule, Scribe, DocuSign.
- Customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication.
- System administration and leadership skills.
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Work independently and collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Manage medium to large teams.
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
- Understand and anticipate needs and priorities of both internal and external customers.
The preferred candidate will have a BA/BS in Computer Science, plus five or more years of related experience in a related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Employees may be required to use their transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration.
- Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
- Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.