The Security and Regulatory Division is looking for an experienced and results-oriented Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Evaluating cloud strategy and program architecture;
● Gathering system requirements working together with application architects and owners;
● Generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources;
● Supervising the IT/LAN team;
● Overseeing the application development, systems analysis, security controls and performance analysis of lottery equipment within the lottery and at data center locations;
● Leading IT/LAN-related vendor contract negotiations for equipment, software and services;
● Discovering cloud services offerings, installing, and executing processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings and expenses;
● Drafting project documentation, collaborating with project managers, and managing multiple projects and timelines centered around the adoption of a multi-cloud infrastructure as a service;
● Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services;
● Debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
● Strong cloud technology concepts;
● Networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls);
● Implementing and controlling the flow of data, to and from a service provider;
● Networking, Load Balancing, DNS, Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare), performance monitoring, and capacity planning;
● Microsoft Active Directory, Cloud Identity and Cloud Services.
● Strong verbal and written communication;
● Using cloud orchestration tools;
● 2-3 years of experience with developing, running and maintaining scripts (PowerShell, CLI, JSON, Python, Bash);
● ITIL Services best practices;
● Managing Cloud Solutions, Cloud Identity Management.
● See and solve issues before they escalate into problems;
● Work with virtualization technologies;
● Estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms;
● Translate architectural requirements to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems;
● Solid understanding and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) implementations.
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or other IT-related discipline or 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency provisioning virtual environments, performing operational tasks, and maintaining Linux and Windows instances running on one of the top vendor public clouds platforms.
● 2+ years of experience working with IaC, PowerShell, and or Python scripting languages.
● Experience working with Infrastructure as Code, Experience monitoring and auditing Cloud Environments. Experience deploying web applications and databases on cloud service models. Experience with Cloud Cost Optimization and Operational Management.
● 3+ years of experience working in Public Cloud environments managing IaaS and PaaS solutions via automated infrastructures.
● Possession of cloud vendor certifications such as:
o AWS Certifications (Associate Level - Architect, Developer, System Administrator, Security or Professional Levels)
o Microsoft Azure Certifications in Associate level - Administration or Architect or Professional
The Arizona Lottery offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.