Reporting to the Community Outreach Director and in collaboration with FTF leadership, staff and regional council members, the Community Outreach Coordinator will be based in the La Paz/Mohave Region and is responsible for executing targeted educational outreach and engagement strategies regarding First Things First in the La Paz/Mohave Region (includes La Paz County and Mohave County). These include: presentations (individuals and groups), public speaking, events, networking meetings, success story writing, media outreach, training, and other outreach strategies as determined. These strategies are targeted toward civic-minded individuals, local business and community leaders and others within specified audiences.
Under the guidance of the Community Outreach Director:
● Work in partnership with FTF central office and the La Paz/Mohave Region staff to engage citizens and organizations in actively championing early childhood development and health.
● In coordination with FTF La Paz/Mohave Regional Partnership Council, assume responsibility for outreach in this specific geographical region using a set of outreach targets as part of the Community Outreach team.
● Assist in writing regional outreach plans for assigned geographic regions and priority audiences; regularly update outreach plans in coordination with the regional council and Regional Director.
● Assist in creating and managing community awareness budget.
● Act as an expert resource and spokesperson for First Things First.
● Provide outreach and education to diverse audiences through presentations, trainings, one-on-one meetings and networking, events, media outreach, and other outreach strategies.
● Provide regular follow-up with outreach audiences to ensure they are equipped and trained for engagement activities.
● Track and record outreach activities with database and other tracking tools.
● Collect and write success stories and engage in regional media outreach.
● Other duties as needed to complete FTF outreach goals.
● Undergraduate degree or equivalent in communications, public relations, community outreach or related field a plus.
● Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
● Experience in public presentations and training.
● Existing connections and relationships within the La Paz/Mohave Region is preferred.
● Ability to coordinate multiple projects and events simultaneously.
● Detail oriented with the ability to meet competing deadlines.
● Creative and solution driven.
● Cooperative in working relationships.
● Able to work effectively in a team environment to meet goals.
● Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
● Comfortable working with minimal supervision and maintaining multiple responsibilities.
● Ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
● Reliable, regular and punctual attendance at work during core business hours.
● Strong computer skills, including database and internet and intranet proficiency.
● This position requires day and evening travel within the La Paz/Mohave Region, and may include occasional overnight travel to Phoenix. Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and show evidence of valid automobile insurance coverage.
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically support the vision and mission of First Things First and possess the personal qualities of integrity and credibility. They will have the proven ability to work within teams to accomplish multiple tasks and keep multiple projects organized and progressing. The position requires substantial effort to connect with, build community relations with, and engage targeted audiences.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.