The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contract Management Coordinator. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
This position is responsible for the review, processing, monitoring and management of contracts and procurement for the Department of Economic Security (DES), Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), which includes Qualified Vendor Agreements, Independent Provider Agreements, and Specialty Contracts. This position supports the Contract Management Supervisors by providing leadership, coaching, and training to Contract Specialists as assigned. This position leads performance improvement efforts through data analytics, development and oversight of metrics and acting as main point of contract in the unit for escalation of contract compliance issues to the Contract Action Unit
• Under the direction of the Contract Manager, this position assists with evaluation of unit performance including timeliness, quality, accuracy and completeness of contract documents, reports, and correspondence
• Assist with development and implementation of systems to ensure compliance and consistency with the applicable state and federal law and regulations
• Ensures the Division is effectively conducting business through development, execution, and management of contracts for service.
• Works collaboratively with the Central Office Programs, Business Operations, Quality Assurance, Health Care Services, Network Managers, Office of Licensing, Certification and Regulation (OLCR), contractors, and other key stakeholders.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements within established time frames prior to execution of contracts.
• Provides internal and external support for the administration of existing contracts, interpretation of contracts, and provision of training on contractual related matters.
• Responsibilities include monitoring, facilitating, and ensuring vendor compliance with insurance requirements by working ADOA Risk Management, Contracts Administration, and Contract Action units
• Assisting with onboarding and training of new employees, assuming responsibility for more complex contracts as needed, ensuring complete accurate contract documents, reports, and correspondence.
• Leads performance improvement efforts through data analytics, development, and monitoring of metrics,
• Assisting with development and implementation of systems to ensure compliance and consistency with policy/ procedure, the applicable state and federal law and regulations and ensures that the Division is effectively conducting business through development, execution, and management of contracts for service.
• Main point of contact for the resolution of vendor insurance compliance and escalation of contract compliance issues.
• Reviews escalation packets and assists specialists to prepare packets, requests additional documentation from internal and external stakeholder or subject matter experts as needed to support escalation.
• Participates in vendor compliance inquiry meetings
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and statutes pertaining to contracting including Title XIX (AHCCCS)
• Arizona Procurement Code and DES-DOD policies and procedures pertaining to Contract Compliance.
• Business administration and procurement practices
• Contract management for human services AMS or other Lean practice
• Knowledge of and experience with commercial insurance
• Skilled in Planning, development and maintenance of documents, forms and service specifications, policies, guides, and desk aids
• Interpersonal relations applied to communications with organizational personnel, other agencies, and service providers
• Skilled in negotiations, problem resolution, good decision making, listening, logical and creative reasoning
• Contractual data development, analysis, and evaluation
• Maintenance of complex automated record keeping and tracking systems
• Verbal and written communication
• Using computer applications (e.g., full Microsoft Office Suite)
• Strong organizational skills, research, and analysis
• Ability to Work independently and collectively with colleagues and team members
• Mentor and coach work colleagues
• Multi-task and prioritize and large quantities of work
• Develop workflow, metrics
• Organize work projects
• Lead/facilitate interdepartmental meetings
• Use data analysis and evaluation to make recommendations for performance improvement
• Work effectively and efficiently in a fully telework environment.
• Ideal candidate will possess 3 years of contract specialty/management experience.
• Experience with DDD Qualified Vendor Agreement and or experience working in government human services preferred
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01).
• Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefit package to include:
• Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
• Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Stipend Opportunities
• Infant at Work Program
• Rideshare and Public Transit Subsidy
• Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Jared Dechantigny at 480-486-8723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Jared Dechantigny at 480-486-8723 or email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.