The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contracts Management Specialist 3. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, and commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Responsible for a case load of Qualified Vendor Applications (contracts) & new Qualified Vendor applications. Processes contract amendments, terms, &provides technical assistance to vendors on contract & performance in the form of written & verbal communication. Escalates vendor perf issues & contract status changes along w/the supporting documentation to unit management. Provision of internal & external support for the administration of existing contracts.
• Collects & evaluates insurance submitted by vendors for compliance with contract & DES/DDD requisitions. Verifies the requisition licensing & certificate for site-based services for each contract.
• Provides internal and external support for the administration of existing contracts and interpretation of contracts. Provides technical assistance to the QVA applicants and existing vendors. Facilitates meetings, timely preparation of contracts, supports the contract termination, acquisition, and mergers process, ensuring complete and accurate contract documents, reports, and correspondence.
• Participates in weekly huddle meetings with the unit, staff and statewide program meetings, and unit problem solving discussions. Conducts research, reviews, and cites federal and state laws, regulations, policies, and procedures as related to the administration of DDD Contracts.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and statutes pertaining to contracting
• Knowledge of business administration and procurement practices
• Knowledge of Home and Community Based Services
• Knowledge of contract management for human services
• Skilled in developing, maintaining, and establishing effective professional relationships with all identified stakeholders, providers work colleagues, agencies, etc.
• Skilled in negotiations, problem resolution, good decision making, listening, logical and creative reasoning
• Skilled in contract analysis and evaluation
• Skilled in utilize established and automated tracking and record keeping systems
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize large quantities of work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt to new processes and standard work
• Ability to ability to work effectively and productively in a remote work environment.
• Ability to work independently and collectively with colleagues and team members
• At least 2 years' work experience in a contracts related field including drafting scopes of work, writing amendments or extensions.
• Full proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite is highly desirable.
• Experience negotiating and interpreting contracting concepts is preferred as well as project management, research, and analysis.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Jean Harberts at 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as sign language interpreter or alternative format by contacting 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.