1818 E. Sky Harbor Circle North, Ste. 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034
The Arizona Department of Child Safety is in search of a person who has experience providing exceptional customer service, addressing questions and resolving issues.
The Customer Service Representative I will provide support for the Adoption and Guardianship Program, which is responsible for providing support and advocacy to one of the most vulnerable populations of Arizona, the child-welfare population.
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Provides support to DCS Specialist, DCS Supervisors, and adoptive/guardianship families
- Provides coverage for the front desk, and serves as back up to customer service clerks
- Interacts with the public and responds to inquiries on behalf of the adoption and guardianship subsidy program
- Completes monthly reports, maintains logs, files/records, calendar(s), and performs data entry
- Maintains statistical and programmatic information
- Receives and distributes mail
- Prepares cases; in addition to maintaining and updating standard work, and monthly review lists for case managers
- Assists with weekly huddle board updates
- Assists with general oversight of day-to-day office operations
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Administrative and clerical procedures
- File/record management
- Office procedures and terminology
- Organization and follow-up
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Analyze and develop statistical reports and narrative summary reports
- Work independently
- Knowledge of the foster care system
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
- Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
- Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.