Address: 800 W. Washington St., Phoenix AZ 85007
The purpose of this position is to research the claims database for employer information and insurance coverage in order to notify insurance carriers of new claims when this situation occurs. If employer’s information does not match insurance coverage in the claims database when a claim record is initially received and keyed in to the system, the insurance carrier or self-insured employer cannot be notified of the claim
The Customer Service Representative reviews the claim record in its entirety, and if necessary, also researches the employer using the ICA employer database and the NCCI database to obtain insurance coverage information. This positions will also assist the public of the ICA building; providing high quality and timely customer service to internal and external customer; participate in Arizona Management System (AMS) and daily Huddleboard, attend staff meetings, seminar, conferences, training classes: as indicated.
• Basic applicable workers compensation claims management laws, statutes, and case laws.
• Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Suite
• Basic English.
• Basic mathematics.
• Using Internet based searching to conduct research.
• Effectively able to communicate verbally and in writing to resolve disputes with interested parties.
• Analysis of insurance, medical and legal documents.
• Strong critical thinking and analytics.
• Time management.
• Initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong focus on customer service
• Strong organization and planning skills.
• Responsible for high quality, nearly error-free output.
• Read and Interpret claim files.
• Conduct research and reach a logical conclusion based on results.
• Manage heavy workload with high level of accuracy and production.
• Learn computer systems and applications.
• Work well within a diverse and inclusive office environment.
• Timely process documents within established productivity standard and prioritizes work within established time frames.
• Manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
• Adapt to changing circumstances.
• Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.
• Exercise discretion and judgment.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to perform job responsibilities incorporating lean management and principles of the Arizona Management System.
High School Diploma. 1+ years of customer service experience and/or workers compensation insurance.
Arizona Driver's License:
Must possess valid Arizona Driver's License. Required In-state and out-of-state travel is required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must complete any required driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207 (12). Employees may be required to use their own transportation, as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Industrial Commission of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be eligible to participate in the state employee health/disability insurance plan, and you are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). ASRS participation may begin immediately or upon your 27th week of employment. Contributions are matched by the employer.
If you have any questions please feel free to call 602-542-5559 or email HR@azica.gov for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.