As a Customer Service Representative at ADEQ, you must be highly skilled in responding to customers emission inspection program needs, processing various types of emission related paperwork, performing office support duties such as; filing, database functions, receiving payments, providing information to the public, and addressing customer complaints. You must be able to research and resolve problems before they become a crisis, as well as finding proactive ways to troubleshoot customer service problems and finding solutions. This is not a remote-work position.
- Provides timely and accurate information in answering customer questions and resolutions to complaints through walk-ins, on-line or through the telephone.
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provides exceptional customer service to exceed customer service expectations.
- Processes walk-in customer needs such as; out of state/area exemptions, sales of Certificates of Inspection.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer services; managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology; possesses excellent computer skills; Must be skilled in using records databases such as Microsoft Suite, Adobe, Google Suite
- Preference may be given to those with Air Quality Programs experience
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefit Pension Plan
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.