The Arizona Department of Revenue is currently seeking a motivated, innovative and solutions driven individual to work as our new Customer Service Rep 4. The employee will be responsible for analyzing data and using critical thinking skills to write, amend, and release liens. Review taxpayer returns and records to determine compliance. Maintain and advise taxpayers of current information and legislation pertaining to Individual Income, Withholding, Transaction Privilege, and Corporation. Responsible for proper tax law, account research, account resolution and problem solving via written and verbal communication or by phone as well as face to face contact.
Responsible to file, prepare, and process Administrative Support documents such as liens, Tax Clearance, Debt Set Off, Maintenance, Processing Team including Levies, and Correspondence following the proper formatting and structure required. Assist taxpayers, legal representatives and title companies by mail, phone and in person within established guidelines. Examine and reconcile fiscal data generated by the automated accounts receivable system. Compliance with new statutory changes statute of limitations laws and regulations. Research and filing of high volume statutory changes and extensions of all Administrative Support documents.
Ensure compliance with state statute and department policies relating to all Administrative Support processes. Using the automated collection system (TAS) to perform any filing requests from collections and taxpayers. Prepares all Administrative Support requests, including rush requests, in accordance with department policy and state statutes. Gathering and compiling information to prepare reports on Administrative Support incoming and outgoing volumes. Enter appropriate codes, history notes, and account referrals for collections actions or to document receipt of phone calls, letter and request. Initiate accounting transactions as pertains to any Administrative Support financial computations. Responsible for preparation of weekly and/or monthly Distributions reports.
Oversees distribution of the Lien unit production to the appropriate county, Secretary of State, or Motor Vehicle Division. Conduct secure transfer electronically and file public documents with Counties or Secretary of State. Cross train peers and staff as required. Act as back up (floater) for any Administrative Support function as required by Leadership. This position is responsible to assist with Customer Service overflow calls when there is a business need. This position will also be responsible for directing, leading and managing in the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of Lean Principles and Projects for the Division.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reviewing taxpayer returns and records to determine compliance. Preparing, filing, reviewing, and processing all Administrative Support documents including computing payoff amounts, and general financial inquiries for any requests related to Administrative Support. Take incoming taxpayer and internal calls, respond by phone or in writing to all Administrative Support inquiries from internal and external customers.
• Researching and responding verbally or in writing to Lien, Tax Clearance Applications, Collections Maintenance Requests, Debt Set Off inquiries and all requests that are received in Administrative Support Unit. Utilizing multiple databases and Internet based tools to perform research and review pertaining to all requests and inquiries. Providing payoff requests.
• Data entry into the TAS database or any other supporting internal and external data bases utilized by the Administrative Support Unit. Personal recording of production; daily, weekly, and monthly work processed within the Administrative Support. Managing retention of the Administrative Support files. Including the weekly processing of the low balance lien release report.
• Responsible for assisting the Administrative Support Supervisor to adequately manage work flow for Lien, Collections Maintenance, Correspondence Processing, Tax Clearance Applications and DSO.
• Possess the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Maintain knowledge of accounting practices and terminology.
• Understand and apply tax law, statute, rules, and procedures.
• Have a thorough understanding of liens against personal property or business.
• Possess the knowledge of preparation for Personal Income, Corporate Income, Transaction Privilege Tax, and Withholding Tax returns.
• Possess the knowledge of P.C. and TAS system.
• Understand and apply DOR internal policy and procedures.
• Processing, audits, accounts receivable, and accounts payable procedures.
• Possess skills in research of tax law and related tax documents.
• Understand and apply accounting principles.
• Maintain Skills in verbal and written communication.
• Possess skills in problem resolution.
• Possess the skills necessary for operating a PC and related software.
• Skills with research tools such as Internet tools, other agency systems DES, MVD, Corporation Commission, County Assessors, County Recorders, Secretary of State information and skip tracing techniques.
• Work on DOR computer systems such as TAS, access databases and mainframe for an approximate 65% to 90% of the work day.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Have approximately 1-2 years of experience in an accounting and finance environment with heavy emphasis on customer support, utilizing enterprise level platforms to conduct daily tasks 65% to 90% in the work day.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement or LEAN is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
• Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
• A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
• Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
• Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.