This is a customer service position working with the public to provide motor vehicle services including licensing, titling, testing, and permits at a local MVD field office. This position is also responsible for timeliness and accuracy of work products, security and validation of documents, and works in coordination with Arizona Revised Statues and Department of Transportation policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Learn to process credentials and title work, which includes examining documents and applications for accuracy, validity, and security required to meet and adhere to ADOT and MVD rules, statutes (ARS Title 28), policies and procedures.
• Learn to answer customer questions and provide customer service for vehicle or credential records through system research, document review, and service history.
• Data entry and review is required.
• Learn to administer testing including operator knowledge and skills testing. Conduct level I vehicle inspections to include VIN validation.
• Capture customer’s photo, signature, and application information for credential eligibility/ issuance.
• Learn to determine, collect, and evaluate fees, use general accounting procedures to balance accounts.
• Secure and protect all personal identity information (PII) and inventory.
• Learn to participate in process improvement activities, including the use and application of the Arizona Management System (AMS). Identify potential gaps in process recommending solutions to gain efficiencies, reduce cost, and increase customer service.
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn ADOT MVD rules, regulations, processes, and procedures. Knowledge of or the ability to execute customer service principles and best practices
• Skills in communication both verbal and written with a customer centric focus.
• Typing or keyboarding at a rate capable of keeping pace with expected productivity for CSR.
• Ability to adapt and embrace a changing environment, processes and procedures.
• To stand or set for long periods and work outside when necessary.
• To excel in an office environment including operating a PC, proprietary MVD software, and other office equipment.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
CSR 1 – starting salary $27,576.43
Entry level training position requiring no experience.
CSR 3 – starting salary $31,080.82
One year previous MVD experience in T&R and DL or upon successful completion of training and adherence to performance standards (typically 6 months)
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete PART 1 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment prior to the interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.11 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR. If considered for employment with MVD you will be sent PART 2 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment, giving ADOT permission for further review of your background.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Participation in the Arizona State Retirement system (ASRS) is mandatory.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 712-7279. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. ADOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.