The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for highly skilled individuals who are committed to service, community, and teamwork to be part of our amazing culture of helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance.
The DES Child Care Administration has recently become its own Division within DES, and is responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of the Child Care and Development Fund State Plan, and additional federal child care relief investments which require states to ensure equitable access to high quality child care, focused on child development and well-being. The Division of Child Care (DCC) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 1. This position is responsible for performing customer service functions of journey level difficulty for an assigned unit.
- Greet clients/public and assess the purpose of the office visit.
- Make referrals for DES and community resources.
- Assist clients to prepare for the application process.
- Manage a high volume of incoming calls.
- Direct client and information to the assigned case manager.
- Open, date stamp and distribute all mail. Prepare outgoing mail according to office procedures.
- Program rules, policies and procedures.
- Performing varied and complex tasks.
- Utilization of office equipment and computer software programs.
- Style and format of email correspondence/memos.
- Conducting research.
- Customer service and problem solution techniques.
- Establishing and maintain effective working relationships.
- Dealing with the public using appropriate tact, resourcefulness and diplomacy.
- Operating information-processing equipment.
- Communicating accurately both orally and in writing.
- Provide resolution of difficult customer service complaints/issues.
- Determining priority of tasks.
- Screening and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence and requests.
- Accurately utilize office machines, equipment (printers/scanners, copy machines, postage machines) and computers.
- Accurate filing and maintenance of records.
- Work with material of a technical and/or confidential nature.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills/experience and basic computer knowledge.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 8-804 and the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
- Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Yolanda Knori at (602) 542-4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-542-8900.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.