The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative. This position works under general supervision, the staff member will: screen Medical Assistance (MA), Nutritional Assistance (NA), and Cash Assistance (CA) applications.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Provide support to office staff members.
• Meet and greet customers.
• Obtain preliminary information for screening purposes.
• Screen incoming telephone calls and mail, route to the appropriate staff member.
• Update various computer databases.
• Research, copy, scan, fax.
• Log and track information.
• Issue Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards.
• Meeting and greeting customers in person and on the telephone.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; must always display professionalism when explaining general information, requirements, and processes.
• Exceptional organizational skills to schedule, log and track people and information.
• Keyboarding and usage of computer software.
• Experience with office equipment to research, scan, fax, copy and print information and documents.
• Telephone etiquette and organizational structure to ensure customer is directed appropriately.
• Screening and preparing applications and/or preliminary data for eligibility determination.
• At least one-year experience in a direct contact position working with or providing customer service, answering questions, providing general information, and resolving simple procedural issues.
• Experience using computer software to research, track or prepare information or correspondence.
• Basic Computer experience
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• If the position is required to drive on state business, the position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26-01 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Dursula Colter at (480) 267.3695 or Dcolter@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 267.3695 or Dcolter@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.