The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced individual with customer service experience to join our team. This position works under general supervision and will provide administrative and customer service support to the office. This position will handle screening the Medical Assistance (MA), Nutritional Assistance (NA), and Cash Assistance (CA) applications.
• Provide support to office staff members
• Acts as a concierge to Meet and greet customers
• Obtain information for screening purposes
• Research, copy, scan, fax
• Log and track information
• Issue Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards
• Customer service and interpersonal communication skills. professionalism when explaining general information, requirements, and processes
• Keyboarding and usage of computer software
• Experience with office equipment to research, scan, fax, copy and print information and documents
• Telephone etiquette
• Ability to screen applications and/or preliminary data for eligibility determination
• One-year experience in a direct contact position working with or providing customer service, answering questions, providing general information, and resolving simple procedural issues
• Experience using computer software to research, track or prepare information or correspondence
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Elaine Felix at 520-858-7163 or Efelix@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 520-858-7163 or Efelix@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.