This position performs a variety of entry level customer service activities dealing with the general public and provides administrative and clerical support to staff.
- Interacts with internal and external customers
- Answers incoming telephone calls
- Distributes incoming and outgoing mail
- Composes correspondence
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Policies and procedures related to area of responsibility
- Program rules and regulations
- Administrative and clerical procedures
- Managing files and records
- Office procedures and terminology
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Composing correspondence; styles and formats
- Reading comprehension in work related documents
- Time management, organization and prioritization
- Responding to public with tact, diplomacy and in timely manner
- Speak clear and concise to diverse audiences in a way to convey information effectively
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Acquire and/or maintain CPR Certification or Re-Certification during initial training-
- Experience with personal computers; Microsoft Office Suite
- One (1) year experience providing customer service to internal and external customers
- One (1) year professional office experience providing administrative support to a manager
Requires a High School Diploma or GED
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
In an effort to better serve our communities, DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of state employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.