The Arizona Department of Agriculture is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative II, for our Licensing Department.
Performs task related to answering customer inquiries received via telephone, in person, or through applications and correspondence concerning the various programs, which relate to the issuance of licenses and permits regulated by the Department of Agriculture. Customers are predominantly external, from the general public. Work is initiated by the public to service their needs. Primary duties include administering one or more licensing programs by way of interactions with customers; data entry; collection of fees; making deposits; balancing accounts; and supporting the overall mission of the Department. Secondary duties include back up for the other Customer Service Rep. II's and Customer Service Rep. III addressing Credentials; Feed; Fertilizer; Pesticide; Seed; Aquaculture, Dairy, Eggs, and Meat; Native Plant; Livestock Brands; Equine Hauling and Rescue Registration; Pest Management Licensing; and Weights & Measures Services. Respond to difficult customer service complaints and complicated problems that must be solved by choosing between alternatives, combining alternatives, working with abstractions, and/or making decisions that are higher than the normal parameters of policies, procedures, laws and rules. This position requires the employee to work in the office 5 days a week and have good attendance. Other duties as assigned.
Provide customer service for our internal and external customers regarding licensing, renewals of licenses; data entry; collect fees and process.
• Customer Service techniques.
• Federal/state rules, regulations, policies and procedures, Arizona Revised Statues dealing with licensing functions.
• Arizona Brands
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and other software programs related but not limited to: Meat, Dairy, Egg, Aquaculture, Brands and Equine.
• Basic math and computation methods, money handling procedures and working knowledge of accepted accounting principles.
• General office equipment.
• General accounting principles including cash handling.
• Customer Service techniques including face-to-face, telephone, and email interactions.
• Oral and written communication.
• Interpreting rules, regulations, polices and procedure and explaining those rules etc. to the general public.
• Prioritize and manage time.
• Exercise good judgment within established guidelines
• Work within a team environment
• Adjust to changes in policies and procedures
Verbally communicate with walk in customers
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
The Arizona Department of Agriculture offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Mandatory condition of Employment for all employees who meet the eligibility and membership criteria defined in statue. Current contribution rate is 12.44%. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Melissa Meek at email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.