The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 2. This position is responsible for providing customer service to the Provider Network of over 90,000 Providers, and potential Providers by supporting the Provider Enrollment unit. Responsibilities include researching and coding, tracking, filing and maintaining Provider files, and accessing the mainframe system.
• Research and code Provider documents and correspondence (i.e. school based program, Indian Health Services, Medicare, and Tribal lines of business).
• Handle daily operational functions such as incoming mail, fax, responding to basic customer inquiries, registration of paper applications.
• Provide excellent customer service by effectively communicating with the public and internal staff; both orally and in writing.
• Access system mainframes and databases to obtain reports and needed information for Provider requests and applications.
• Accurately maintain and process Provider Enrollment’s incoming Provider files.
• Provide production reports to the Program Manager and Supervisor.
• Actively participate in the Arizona Management System initiative within the unit, division and agency. Actively participate in Provider Enrollment meetings and activities.
• Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
• Knowledge of Office and clerical procedures, practices, and data entry.
• Knowledge of techniques on internet research.
• Skilled in independent working skills (requiring a minimum of supervision).
• Skilled in Use of computer systems to include: word processing, spreadsheet, email and data input, and various proprietary systems like HEAplus, PMMIS, WAVES, Docuware RightFAX, Microsoft, Google.
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks at one time.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize projects
• Two years of work experience in a customer service or administrative office environment.
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
• Arizona Driver's License.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.