Closing Date: 01/31/2022
This employee will be responsible for professionally and courteously serving customers by handling all inbound telephone calls pertaining to Individual and Business related tax compliance, delinquency and general information requests and inquiries. This position includes reviewing taxpayer status and history, verifying, gathering and simultaneously update key information details, educating taxpayers on current tax policies, making payment arrangements, resolving Tier 1 level issues, determining next steps to resolution and documenting actions taken into multiple business systems as well as escalating issues when necessary to Tier 2 Subject Matter Experts.
Responsibilities also include assisting taxpayers to navigate AZ Taxes website and any current self-servicing options. Expected to prepare and submit electronic support requests according to department standard procedures. This employee is expected to participate in huddles as scheduled by call center leadership and to actively practice any Six Sigma Lean practices as embraced by the Department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Answer all incoming calls by consistently greeting customers professionally and courteously, demonstrating willingness to actively listen, clarify and confirm information to address their issues and inquiries; help de-escalate irate customers as necessary.
• Efficiently provide customers with accurate information and proactively educate customers to sustain compliance. Simultaneously document and update ticketing system, TAS and other databases. Utilize all software, databases, systems and scripts as outlined in standard work.
• Adhere to all Department policies and procedures (including dress code); consistently meet or exceed all Call Center metrics as outlined communicated by the Department in MAPS; attend all 1on1s, team meetings, trainings or CBTs as required.
• Understand call center key metrics.
• Basic understanding of all tax types.
• AZ Taxes website resources.
• Additional approved resources to assist and educate customers.
• Basic math calculations.
• Basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google apps.
• Communicate well written and verbal.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Retain knowledge easily.
• Creative in problem solving.
• Goal oriented.
• Bias for serving others
• Retain knowledge easily.
• Handle fast paced environment.
• Be dependable and consistent.
• Quickly adapt to change.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Associates Degree or higher preferred. One or more years (minimum of 1 continuous year) working in a call center environment.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma and/or LEAN is preferred.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
• Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
• A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
• Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
• Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.