Responsibilities also include assisting taxpayers to navigate AZ Taxes website and any current self-servicing options. Expected to prepare and submit electronic support requests according to department standard procedures. This employee is expected to participate in huddles as scheduled by call center leadership and to actively practice any Six Sigma Lean practices as embraced by the Department.
• Answer all incoming calls by consistently greeting customers professionally and courteously, demonstrating a willingness to actively listen, clarify and confirm information to address their issues and inquiries; help de-escalate irate customers as necessary.
• Efficiently provide customers with accurate information and proactively educate customers to sustain compliance. Simultaneously document and update ticketing system, TAS, and other databases. Utilize all software, databases, systems, and scripts as outlined in standard work.
• Adhere to all Department policies and procedures (including dress code); consistently meet or exceed all Call Center metrics as outlined communicated by the Department in MAPS; attend all 1on1s, team meetings, training or CBTs as required.
• Understand call center key metrics.
• Basic understanding of all tax types.
• AZ Taxes website resources.
• Additional approved resources to assist and educate customers.
• Basic math calculations.
• Basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google apps.
• Communicate well written and verbal.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Retain knowledge easily.
• Creative in problem-solving.
• Bias for serving others
• Retain knowledge easily.
• Handle fast paced environment.
• Be dependable and consistent.
• Quickly adapt to change.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles, and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with the fewest resources with continuous problem-solving.
• Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
• A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
• Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
• Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.