This position is open only to current ADOT employees
This position performs senior level or customer service lead activities. It manages the most complex customer service complaints, inquiries, and issues that may include specialized instruction, training or certification in specialized areas of expertise. The incumbent may train lower level staff, monitor and manage workflow within the unit, evaluating and recommending changes to work processes and procedures. May serve as backup for the supervisor as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Improve overall department and organization efficiency and performance by identifying opportunities to enhance internal processes.
● Gather data related to customer contact and interactions and use this data to prepare reports and analyses of which processes are working and which can be improved.
● Respond by phone and/or email to inquiries and concerns of applicants, Authorized Third Party providers, government agencies, private entities,and the public on a variety of topics, including statutory requirements using various databases and computer systems to verify status.
● Research corporation status using the Corporation Commission database.
● Review and resolve escalated questions and complaints.
● Issue dealer plates, tabs, and registration to qualified motor vehicle dealerships and cancel/suspend these plates when applicable.
● Provide notifications and updates to MVD leadership of suspected rule violation for possible corrective action of which may involve OIG (Office of Inspector General) and EHO (Executive Hearing Office).
● Review dealer plate violation reports and follow standard procedures for plate suspension or cancellation.
● ARS Title 28 provisions and related directives, Arizona Administrative Code, Federal Transportation code, MVD policy and procedures, Title and Registration and Driver License processing.
● Basic knowledge of computer equipment and software such as Google Suite and DocuSign.
● Project management concepts.
● Liability insurance and bond requirements.
● Written and verbal communication;
● Telephone and Email etiquette.
● Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
● Presentation and problem solving.
● The use of various applications and databases to maintain company and certified provider information such as OIMS, Salesforce, Wire, and insurance.
● Sound work ethics and good judgement.
● Superior customer service skills.
● Multitask; respond quickly, independently, and with flexibility under tight deadlines.
● Interact with various units such as ITG, FMS, OIG, Audit, AG office, and court staff.
● Maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
● Recognize and follow escalation procedures.
● Set priorities.
● Evaluate documents for completeness and accuracy.
● Handle a high volume of telephone calls.
The ideal candidate for this position will have: A high school diploma or GED. Ideally, one year of experience in Arizona State service as a CSR, or two years of experience in a multi-functional customer service environment; supervisory experience is a plus.
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign PART 1 and PART 2 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.11 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is mandatory.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 712-7279. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. ADOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.