Address: 1700 W. Washington St. Phoenix, AZ 85007
The Business Services Representative performs journey level customer service activities by performing tasks initiated by the general public through telephone, mail, or in-person. The position processes documents for the following items filed with the Secretary of State's office including but not limited to:
*Notary Applications, Renewals, Cancellations, and Complaints
* UCC Filings
* Trade names
* Telephonic Sellers
• Data processing/entry
• Answering phone calls and customer interaction
• Filing, scanning and document retention
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position
• Knowledge of applicable program rules, regulations, policies and procedures, systems and relevant statutes
• Knowledge of customer service, including principles and processes for providing excellent service
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Skill in active listening, which includes giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Skill in verbal and written communication
• Service orientation, including actively looking for ways to assist customers
• Critical thinking, by using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Understanding of data collection and visualization
• Project management skills, including strong analytical skills
• Skilled with spreadsheets, databases, content management systems and other online platforms
• Excellent organizational skills, which include time and other resource management
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse groups of people, including both technical and non-technical staff
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Bilingual, ability to speak, read, write and understand the Spanish language
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
All employees are subject to Arizona State Retirement System contributions.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-542-6170 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.