The Registrar of Contractors (ROC) Licensing Department oversees 43,000 active construction licenses for the State of Arizona. This fast-paced unit processes new license applications, change requests, cancellations, reinstatements, suspensions and all other actions regarding construction licenses. Along with processing licensing documents, the department also provides assistance to licensed contractors and members of the public in person and over the phone.
The Licensing Department Representative is a critical position within the Licensing Department. Using applicable laws and statutes, the position evaluates and makes determinations on construction license applications that are submitted to the agency. This position is part of a licensing team and reports to a Licensing Department Supervisor.
• Review licensing documents for accuracy/completeness and process accordingly.
• Update and maintain licensing records.
• Respond to customers in person, over the phone, and in writing.
• Conduct research and exercise independent judgment to meet customer needs.
• Promote a positive image of the agency to license applicants, licensees, and the public.
• Good work ethic
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong decision making abilities
• Friendly disposition
• Good spelling and grammar skills
• Willing to help out team-members or do new tasks not previously assigned
• Comfortable being in a cubicle processing paperwork
• Comfortable being assigned front-desk and phone duty on a rotating schedule
• Self-monitors work to avoid mistakes. Uses mistakes as an opportunity to learn
• Ability to implement process/procedure changes into their work product
• Enjoys a sense of satisfaction in helping candidates become Arizona Licensed Contractors
The selected candidate will receive a criminal history check.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Vacation leave and 10 paid holidays per year
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Retirement plan (ASRS)
Long-term disability insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Deferred compensation plans
The Registrar of Contractors also offers:
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
This position will participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Registrar of Contractors at 602-542-1525 and ask for Human Resources.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.