The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative with the Child Care Administration (CCA). This position performs customer service functions of journey level difficulty for the Human Service unit Supervisors and the Human Service Specialist team. This position is located at the office address listed above only, it is 100% in-office, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
• Greeting clients/public and assess purpose of office visit.
• Creating referrals for the Department of Economic Security and community resources.
• Assisting clients to prepare for the application process.
• Registering applications and check for prior client history in AZCATS.
• Managing a high volume of incoming calls and route calls and messages to appropriate staff.
• Photocopying information submitted by clients for eligibility process.
• Directing client and information to the assigned or appropriate case manager.
• Opening, date stamping, preparing and distributing all mail.
• Preparing cases being transferred in and out of the office.
• Maintaining closed files and additional volumes in the storage area.
• Setting up system for purging files and prepare for archives according to DES policy.
• Maintaining office equipment and ensuring office supplies are adequate.
• Program rules, policies, and procedures.
• Customer service techniques or problem resolution techniques.
• Research of files or updating information
• Basic knowledge of various computer software programs.
Dealing with the public using appropriate tact, resourcefulness, and diplomacy.
• Excellent written skills (spelling and grammar).
• Accurate filing and maintenance of records.
• Providing program information, basic rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
• Supplying a service to the public that may fall outside of normal clerical function parameters, such as providing customer referrals to community agencies.
• Determining priority of tasks
• Screening and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence and requests
• Work with materials of a technical and/or confidential nature
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service skills/experience in high volume
• Basic computer knowledge
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 737-7516 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 737-7516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI and VII), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008; the Department prohibits discrimination in admissions, programs, services, activities, or employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and retaliation. To request this document in alternative format or for further information about this policy, contact your local office; TTY/TDD Services: 7-1-1. Free language assistance for DES services is available upon request.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.