The Arizona Department of Revenue is currently seeking a motivated, innovative, and solutions-driven individual for the Deputy Assistant Director position over the Audit District. The Deputy Assistant Director will be responsible for all day-to-day operations within the District and reports directly to the Assistant Director. This is a people-leadership role and requires the individual to have a strong command of leading groups of people through change, challenge, and opportunity.
This position will be accountable for teams within the district and directly responsible for developing people to reach their full potential; Implementing actions that increase engagement and performance levels; developing strategies to streamline efforts and align with the agency mission and vision; evaluating performance levels to determine areas of improvement as well as success, and working in concert with other divisions/districts to ensure the internal customers are aligned with strategy and initiatives. The Deputy Assistant Director is responsible for leading AMS principles and modeling behaviors.
This position is responsible for the budget and its conformity with allocations and objectives tied to legislation and funding. This position will routinely evaluate the division to ensure we have maximized efficiencies and eliminate non-value-added processes and make recommendations to integrate lean methods for continuous improvement.
Most importantly, this position is responsible for leading the people that make up the district to drive results, Arizona Department of Revenue Mission, and culture supporting our core values.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manage district business units personnel including performance management, goal setting, and engagement initiatives.
● Follow all state and federal information and legal requirements/tax laws that impact the division.
● Develop, implement, and drive strategic plans.
● Align goals and metrics to monitor performance.
● Respond to internal and external customer/stakeholder needs.
● Other functions that may be assigned.
● In-depth knowledge of people leadership, engagement tools and resources, performance planning, and management
● Leading teams through change, driving performance, and analysis of needs to drive strategic and operational needs of the division; Coaching skills; critical thinking; and time management; Developing mastery of exemplary leadership skills (Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, Encourage the Heart).
● Motivate and drive performance, maintain positive relationships, and support people's needs (tools, training, and resources) to facilitate an exceptional employee experience.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other related field (Master’s preferred). Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role supporting multiple business units, lean experience helpful.
In-state travel may be required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment; Required to obtain and maintain, internal driver course courses (ie., TraCorp).
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check, and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world-class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. sick leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top-ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program,Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top-ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.