Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Administrator 3. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community. This position is responsible for:
• Provides leadership, supervision, mentoring, and coaching of QMU staff. Facilitates regular 1:1s, team huddles, and other communication modalities with the QM team. Participated in all QM/PI unit staff meetings and in the absence of the CQO will facilitate these meetings. Completes Performance Appraisals, authorizes leave, and approves ETE for staff. Supports and implements all Arizona Management System (LEAN) principles.
• Collaborates with the CQO, AD, CMO, QM Medical Director, other leaders and stakeholders to ensure the integration of quality management throughout all areas of the Division. Participates in strategic planning with executive leadership; actively participates and facilitates Divisional initiatives. Attends and represents the Division and its interests in required AHCCCS and stakeholder meetings.
• Oversees and directs as assigned specific QM work related to PI, credentialing, residential monitoring, and quality of care concerns ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Participates and leads in QM required committees as assigned. Participates in all Division cross unit and leadership meetings as required including Executive Leadership, Corporate Compliance, Medical/Utilization Management/, Health Plan Oversight and Performance Committees etc.
• Participates in the development of the QM/PI Plan and evaluation. Provides oversight as assigned to specific components of the QM/PI Program. Collaborates with the CQO to ensure compliance with AHCCCS requirements for all QM/PI Program components including integration across the Division with participation in plan / goal development and evaluation.
• Provides verbal and written reports, and updates as required. Develops corrective action and responds to regulatory and compliance actions. Prepares for and participates in and regulatory Operational Reviews for the Division and serves as the lead for QM in those activities.
• Collaborates with QM/PI Committee and cross Divisional leaders in the review and development of the annual QM Plan and Evaluation. Ensures AHCCCS QM contract deliverables are accurate, complete, and timely.
• Federal Regulations related to Medicaid, Medicare, Federal and State laws, agency rules, policies and procedures for medical services in a managed care environment; Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Department of Health Services, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
• Quality Management principles; applicable laws, rules, policies, procedures and standards related to acute care delivery, nursing scope of practice, and quality assurance and performance improvement
• Principles of group dynamics, relationships, and human development
• Developmental disabilities and Division philosophy of service provision
• Integrated health care system (ALTCS-DDD, Behavioral and Physical Health, CRS)
• Quality Improvement Project techniques or methodologies
• Use of clinical data for healthcare quality measurement, reporting, evaluation, and improvement and how these outcomes can be integrated into new models of care
• Computer expertise including electronic medical record, word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications
• Project leadership and coordination experience
• Analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action
• Researching and developing a successful model of quality improvement initiatives
• Communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to leadership and staff within and outside of the agency
• Leading the effort to develop the resources, or infrastructure needed to support quality improvement programs
• Communicating the strategic vision, scope and mission of the DDD throughout the implementation of QM initiatives
• Writing complex and comprehensive documents including reports, data driven outcome reports, evaluations, and policies and procedures
• Measuring and evaluating data to determine the impact
• Problem solve, decision-making, continuous improvement and financial accountability
• Communicate effectively, work cooperatively with others, and work independently with minimal supervision
• Establish and maintain working relationships
• Write reports, policies, and procedures
• Design effective plans for program improvement
• Manage workload
• Read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents, contractual provisions and rules
• Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints including quality of care concern investigations
• Write technical and non-technical documents using original or innovative techniques ensuring Quality initiatives and plans are communicated
• Effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to leadership, stakeholders, providers, regulator, state agencies, members and their families
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Arizona license as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician in the state of Arizona; Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Health Care Quality (NAHQ) and/or Certified in Health Care Quality and Management (CHCQM) by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Providers.
Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Humaira Patwary (480) 272-5809 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480)-272-5809. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.