To help us on our vast and important mission, the Waste Programs Division has an incredible opportunity for an experienced, results-orientated leader to help build the next generation of underground storage tank (UST) strategies, programs, and professionals. The Deputy Value Stream Manager is an integral part of our diverse, talented, and innovative team and directly contributes to our agency’s mission by driving operational performance and continuous improvement in ADEQ’s UST program consisting of four regulatory units: Tanks Inspections, Compliance and Enforcement Unit; Information and Support Unit; Leak Prevention Unit; and Corrective Actions Unit
A true passion for the Agency’s mission, vision, and having a true passion for people and leadership is a must.
The Deputy Value Stream Manager is responsible for assisting the Value Stream Manager in administering multiple complex environmental programs in the UST section including operational compliance, financial responsibility, data management, community outreach, leak prevention, and corrective actions both state lead and owner lead. The position will assist with oversight, direction, and leadership to staff and management within the UST section, as well as assist with budget, strategic planning, and short-term initiatives to support the agency’s goals.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• A Bachelors’ degree in environmental science, chemistry, biology, hydrology, or a related field
• 3 years of environmental experience in a regulatory agency, consulting, or private industry
• 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience in an environmental, regulatory, or industrial setting
• Experience with continuous improvement including LEAN, Six Sigma, or others
• Knowledge of leadership and business management principles, including budgets (expenditure and revenue generations), employee motivation, team-based problem solving techniques, and principles of performance and visual management; Project management and program management techniques, particularly the coordination of people and resources through result driven leadership.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.