Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, the Digital Communications Manager works with all First Things First divisions to manage processes and projects in service of the agency’s strategic communications goals and to tell the First Things First story through consistent, compelling and effective content across multiple platforms. This position is responsible for managing the development, production and implementation of a variety of communications initiatives across multiple digital platforms, including social media and email, as well as monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators for FTF websites and online content.
The Digital Communications Manager may have the opportunity for a hybrid work environment that includes working remotely and some in-office work at the First Things First central office at 4000 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012.
Under the general guidance of the Senior Director, Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, as well as other duties as assigned:
• Serves as primary project manager for the development and production of a variety of marketing/brand projects, including website and social media content, e-newsletters, publications and marketing collateral.
• Manages the communications team’s integrated digital content/editorial calendar.
• Manages the department’s internal communications requests, coordinating with members of the communications team, internal customers and outside vendors as needed to meet deadlines and ensure quality and consistency.
• In collaboration with internal team and external vendor, leads the development of social media strategies and tactics specific to each channel to achieve communications/campaign goals; tracks and reports on performance and recommends adjustments to tactics as needed.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling and editorial oversight of all social media content and ads.
• Serves as frontline social media manager, monitoring and responding to comments as needed.
• Serves as team lead on managing the department’s digital marketing tools, including project management, email marketing, digital asset management, content management, social media and analytics.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for FTF websites, content, social media content and social ads.
• Coordinates and performs email/e-newsletter distribution through digital marketing platform.
• Monitors and, in some cases, makes routine website updates to ensure information is consistent, timely and accurate.
• Five years or more of direct experience managing the development of marketing communications projects and digital content across various media.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Proactive in identifying and completing tasks.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of digital, social media and email marketing systems.
• Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment dedicated to quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field.
• Knowledge of early childhood or human services systems/policy a plus.
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically support the vision and mission of First Things First and have the proven ability to work within teams to accomplish tasks and keep multiple communications projects organized and advancing toward goals and timelines. Strong project management experience is essential. The candidate will be experienced and adept with a variety of digital communications platforms, including social media, digital marketing, project and content management systems, as well as digital analytics tools. Displaying great initiative and attention to detail, the candidate will be effective working independently as well as part of a team that values creativity, collaboration and a sense of humor. Solid writing and communication skills are required.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.