• Participates in building different tools for the collection of data and then identifies, extracts and mines data from the different data sources.
• Reorganizes data in a format that can be easily analyzed, integrated, and used by internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops statistical, analytical, and executive level reports, dashboards, and charts that show data in a context that allows decision-makers to gain insights into key performance indicators pertaining to the program. The collected data and insights from it allows the ODTL to track progress against program goals.
• Local, in-state, and out-of-state travel may be required for this position.
• Work with stakeholders to identify analytical requirements, including available data and information gaps.
• Prioritize requirements.
• Assess complex data systems and programs in support of ad-hoc and standing management or customer requests.
• Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data products.
• Identify opportunities for additional sources of data or the development of additional data collection instruments.
• Provide business data interpretation.
• Develops useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources.
• Delivers data products in report/presentation format, or verbally, to management and/or customer specifications and timelines.
• Researches new data sources and analytical tools.
• Performs analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and data mining.
• Researches best practices in data analysis and supports developing the solutions and recommendations for the current business operations.
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Data gathering, cleaning, and transforming techniques
• Data warehousing and ETL techniques
• Statistical software and coding languages such as SQL, Python, and/or R
• Reporting and data visualization using software like Tableau or PowerBI
• Develop various statistical, analytical reports, and dashboard reports for various users
• Develop and write technical documentation
• A Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years of experience in data analysis, research, or a related field is required (or equivalent working experience)
• Analysis and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Proficient analytical skills
• Excellent time management and prioritizes management skills to be able to meet commitments
• Intermediate to advanced skill in using Microsoft Excel
• Work independently; occasionally participates in reviews of assigned and completed tasks
• Review and recommend new tools and techniques for the expansion of data analysis in the agency
• Curiosity about the meaning hidden in data
• Set and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks.
• Work with and understand large data sets
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• QAs and troubleshoots data
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Understand business goals and business targets
• Prioritize and plan data related tasks; uses time efficiently; communicates activities and results as appropriate
Preference will be given to those applicants with knowledge of the education domain and K-12.
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.