The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools (ASBCS) is looking for an Education Program Manager to monitor the academic programs and compliance areas of charter schools.
• Preparing and managing the development of detailed reports based on analysis and evaluation of school performance for schools in the Board’s portfolio
• Compiling documentation for the purpose of determining compliance with Board policy and/or review and renewal evaluation purposes
• Developing and maintaining relationships with charter operators in order to best evaluate charter requests of the Board
• Conducting visits to charter schools for the purpose of determining compliance and verifying academic systems
• Preparing materials for presentations to the Board in areas of assignment
• Statistical and mathematical processes and programs for comparing academic performance of students and schools
• Laws, rules, and policies applicable to charter schools
• Arizona’s academic standards
• Evaluation of academic programs for alignment to State Academic Standards to ensure that applicants and existing schools under the Board’s sponsorship are providing appropriate instruction
• Statistical and analytical skills sufficient to compile data, organize facts and draw clear and logical conclusions
• Task organization and accomplishment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, state and federal officials, school leaders, and members of the public
• Access and compile information from various sources (database, internet, charter folders, etc.)
• Plan and conduct site visits to charter schools regarding compliance
• The preferred candidate will possess an Advanced degree in education or curriculum development and experience in the evaluation of academic programs
• Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nicole Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.