The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools is seeking an Education Program Specialist to monitor the academic programs and compliance areas of charter schools.
Responsibilities will include reviews of charter compliance, evaluation of academic programs and systems through paper reviews and site visits, presenting to the Board, and other duties related to the Board’s oversight of the schools it sponsors.
• Conducting site visits to charter schools regarding compliance and academic systems
• Reviewing submitted charter amendments and compliance documentation
• Completing written evaluations and site visit reports
• Preparing and compiling training documentation
• Preparing and sending written communications
• Other duties assigned as related to the position
• Best practices associated with instruction, assessment and use of data to drive instructional decisions
• Laws, rules, and policies applicable to charter schools
• Arizona’s academic standards
• Evaluation of academic programs for alignment to State Academic Standards to ensure that applicants and existing schools under the Board’s sponsorship are providing appropriate instruction
• Analyzing and compiling data, organizing facts, and drawing clear and logical conclusions
• Communicating clearly, concisely, and effectively both in oral and written formats
• Organizing tasks and managing projects to ensure timely completion
• Task organization and accomplishment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, state and federal officials, school leaders, and members of the public
• Access and compile information from various sources (database, internet, charter folders, etc.)
• Conduct site visits to charter schools regarding compliance and academic systems
• Think critically and problem solve quickly and effectively
• The preferred candidate will possess a degree in education or curriculum development and has experience with academic programming and/or education related compliance
• Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nicole Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.