EDUCATOR PREPARATION AND CERTIFICATION
• The Education Program Specialist in this position will be responsible for the traditional professional preparation program approval (R-7-2-604) and provide technical assistance to institutions of higher education seeking State Board approval of their professional preparation programs. The work includes organizing and facilitating program approval review teams, completing a program report, and submitting the review team’s recommendations to the State Board for approval. The program specialist will participate in Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation visits as the State Partner and be responsible for supporting and promoting National Board Certification (NBC) by working collaboratively with other agencies and institutions to support NBC efforts and initiatives. Additionally, the specialist will serve as testing vendor liaison and be responsible for overseeing test development.
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position
• Be responsible for the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) approval process
• Serve as liaison to Professional Preparation Institutions (PPIs)
• Oversee program reviews, trainings, communication, and technical support to stakeholders
• Stay apprised of federal regulations and national trends regarding Educator Preparation
• Collaborate with PPIs, Local Education Agencies (LEAs), educators, educator candidates, and other community representatives regarding the effectiveness of preparation programs and the needs of the field
• Provide expertise in the form of written communication, reports, training design and guidance documents for EPP approval processes
• Schedule meetings, facilitate webinars and trainings
• Organize and provide training for review teams
• Serve on the review team and write/submit reports
• Ensure PPIs are submitting information in a timely manner and provides technical assistance regarding Title II-A reporting requirements
• Responsible for Title II-A federal reporting deadlines including State Education Agency (SEA) required deadline
• Responsible for the maintenance of the Educator Excellence website, including updating EPP information, uploading documents into the system, and general web-master duties
• Responsible for supporting and promoting National Board Certification (NBC), working collaboratively with other agencies and institutions in supporting NBC candidates, efforts, and initiatives
• Serve on the State Board of Education's (SBE) Alternative Preparation Approval Committee as a representative of ADE. Attend meetings of the committee and participate in the approval process of alternative educator preparation programs
• Serve as liaison to testing vendor
• Responsible for coordinating test development and communications to the field
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Applicants must have taught or administered a PK-12 program
• A Bachelor’s degree in Education is required
• Arizona State Board of Education Rules
• Arizona Professional Teaching Standards
• Arizona Professional Administrative Standards
• Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment
• Arizona State Board of Education Educator Preparation Program approval process
• Pre-service educator support programs
• Educator induction/mentoring programs
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Public speaking & presentation skills
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
• Technical writing
• Data collection and analysis
• Exercise initiative and good judgment to make quality decisions within the scope of assigned authority
• Set priorities
• Work independently
• Manage time efficiently
• Build and strengthen collaborations and partnerships
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Master’s degree in Education
• National Board Teacher Certification
• Educational Leadership degree or Administrative Certificate
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Work from home options available for appropriate positions
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.