EDUCATOR PREPARATION AND CERTIFICATION SECTION
• This position supports implementation and monitoring of effective systems, based on data and research, to increase the pool of effective teachers in high-need Arizona schools and districts; provide technical support to the Institutes of Higher Education (IHEs), Educator Preparation Programs (EPPs), Local Education Agencies (LEAs), and stakeholders to develop effective, sustainable and scalable systems to positively impact the educator, including teachers and administrators, pipeline, and educator retention; assist with the implementation, design, revision, and facilitation of educator leadership academies including the Principals Academy and the Supervisor of Principals Academy; collaborate with LEAs and stakeholders to attract and support next-career candidates to teach and obtain effective and appropriate training to acquire professional or classroom-based certification and be learner-ready; provide specific support and guidance to LEAs as well as potential educators and other stakeholders.
• The Education Program Specialist in this position will be responsible for the traditional professional preparation program approval (R-7-2-604) and provide technical assistance to institutions of higher education seeking State Board approval of their professional preparation programs. The work includes organizing and facilitating systems around program approval including building/scheduling review teams, completing a program report, and submitting the review team's recommendations to the
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
• Work cooperatively to implement and monitor effective systems, based on data and research, to increase the pool of effective teachers in high-need Arizona schools and districts
• Provide technical support to the IHEs, EPPs, LEAs, and stakeholders to develop effective, sustainable, and scalable systems to positively impact the educator, including teachers and administrators, pipeline, and educator retention
• Assist the with the implementation, design, revision, and facilitation of educator leadership academies including the Principals Academy and the Supervisor of Principals Academy
• Collaborate with LEAs and stakeholders to attract and support next-career candidates to teach and obtain effective and appropriate training to acquire professional or classroom-based certification and be learner-ready
• Provide specific support and guidance to LEAs, potential educators, and stakeholders
• Responsible for the traditional and alternative professional preparation program approval (R-7-2-604) and provide technical assistance to institutions of higher education seeking State Board approval of their professional preparation programs; including organizing and facilitating systems around program approval including building/scheduling review teams, completing a program report, and submitting the review team's recommendations to the State Board for approval
• Prepare and analyze research and data from several sources to disseminate for a variety of audiences
• Develop and conduct presentations for various stakeholders
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Arizona Revised Statutes
• Title 15
• Arizona State Board of Education Rules and Regulations relative to educator preparation program approval and certification of teachers and administrators in Arizona
• Policies and procedures recorded in the AZ State Personnel Manual
• Education and training concepts and techniques
• Concepts and techniques of managing people by objective
• Change management
• Continuous improvement
• Educator preparation programs and systems
• Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, an Arizona Teaching Certificate, and an Arizona Principal Certificate
• Systems analysis
• Decision making
• Time management
• Customer service
• Communication both orally and in writing
• Consulting Training
• Teaching adult learners
• Active listening
• Detail oriented
• Advanced skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision and respect for confidentiality
• Prioritize tasks and develop workflow so that deadlines are met
• Complete all job responsibilities in a timely manner
• Lead a diverse team
• Manage change
• Lead continuous improvement to meet the needs of customers and stakeholders
• Draw accurate inferences from quantitative, qualitative, and situational data
• Accurately assess a variety of situations and select the best option for action
• Synthesize diverse data and information.
• Exercise initiative and good judgement to make quality decisions within the scope of assigned authority
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Knowledge of Human Talent Management procedures education law and an understanding of the Arizona K-12 and post-secondary systems
• Teaching and administrative experience at the K-12 and/or higher education level(s)
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Work from home options available for appropriate positions
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.