The Election Services Division of the Office of the Arizona Secretary of State is seeking a dedicated employee to serve as an Elections Analyst.
The Elections Analyst will assist in administering elections, provide customer service to voters and the regulated community, communicate with Arizona counties, and maintain compliance with state and federal election laws.
The main focus of the Elections Analyst will be managing the candidate desk.
• Lead the planning and the administration of the candidate petition review process, to include working with vendors and third parties to prepare and execute review process for candidate petitions. Develop training materials and handbooks. Present information to stakeholders and interested parties regarding the candidate filing process. Follow court challenges at the close of the candidate filing process and maintain the candidate information
• Acts as subject matter expert in the field of HAVA reporting for the counties on behalf of the SOS. Requests reports from counties. Manages quarterly HAVA reports from counties. Communicates with CFO and Finance Department on Application for Funding from counties and the annual HAVA report. Coordinates annual HAVA equipment inspection with counties
• Act as subject matter expert in financial disclosure laws and regulations. Draft training materials and handbooks to assist filers in achieving compliance with disclosure requirements. Communicate with officeholders and proxies, judicial officers, and court administrators to provide accurate and concise filing information and instructions. Work with court administrators to track and inform new appointees of filing obligations
• Assist ballot measure desk lead in administering petition review process for initiatives, referendum, and recalls. Assist in developing training materials and handbooks for ballot measures. Assist in processing of circulator registrations related to petition circulation and creation of training materials and handbooks for circulator registrations
• Provide customer service to voters, election officials, and the general public regarding elections and voter registration. Provide support and guidance to the regulated community and the general public in areas of Elections Division oversight, including ballot measures, petition circulators, lobbyists, campaign finance, financial disclosures, etc
• As required, serve in a general capacity to accomplish Elections Division goals and meet deadlines. Provide support to upline managers by occasionally coordinating employee teams or working with specialized staff to complete projects. Assist fellow staff during periods of heavy volume
• Help maintain all election-related information presented on the Secretary of State website, while ensuring content quality and functionality. Provide timely and accurate updates to election-related pages
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• General knowledge of Secretary of State services and computer software applications
• General knowledge of Arizona State government and duties of Secretary of State
• Knowledge of the methods and means of collecting and evaluating data
• Knowledge of Federal and Arizona election laws and procedures
• Knowledge of local and communities, politics, and organizations
• Can deliver excellent customer service via diverse delivery mediums, including in-person, telephone and electronic
• Skilled at developing and executing goals, while effectively and efficiently utilizing all resources to meet deadlines
• Public speaking and presentation skills with an ability to cater to various audiences
• Strong team mentality with a devotion to both division and agency success
• Developed interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Can develop and implement new processes and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to resolve incidents/problems efficiently and effectively, recognizing customers' competence levels, and able to approach each level appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to plan for projects and delegate tasks as needed
• Experience in working with elections
• Election Officer Certification
• College level coursework
• Arizona Driver's License
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation plus 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 602-541-6170 for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.