The purpose of this position is to maintain buildings and utility service systems in good repair and operation. Performs varied tasks within the Ammunition Storage Area (ASA) to include those facilities associated with Ammunition Transfer and Storage. Requires application of skilled and highly skilled abilities maintaining, repairing and routine construction, installation, and repair of electrical hardware to ensure electrical power is available within these facilities using the latest building codes. Performs preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment, conducting tests for grounds, shorts, opens and various electrical circuits and components and making emergency electrical service call as required. Participates in planning, estimating, costing, and ordering materials in a timely and efficient manner. Assures all work complies with national and local building codes and safety laws, rules, and regulations. Responsible for compliance with procedures, policies, work methods and safety. Responsible for assigned equipment.
• Determines condition of facilities and decides on repairs or replacements to be made within the Ammunition Storage Area (ASA) to include those facilities associated with Ammunition Transfer and Storage. Installs all associated electrical hardware to ensure electrical power is available within these facilities.
• Makes periodic and special inspections of facilities according to a schedule or according to work orders to determine repairs or upgrades necessary to maintain electrical service that complies with requirements needed within the Ammunition Storage Area (ASA) to include those facilities associated with Ammunition Storage and Transfer.
• Assists other building maintenance specialists during their duties in repairing and maintaining facilities within the Ammunition Storage Area (ASA) to include those facilities associated with Ammunition Storage and Transfer.
• Reads, understands, and interprets blueprints or other specifications to ensure electrical equipment is placed correctly.
• Writes reports and completes work orders regarding activities, transactions and progress covering a specified time-period or project completion, documents man-hours and materials and submits records to supervisor.
• Ensures parts and materials are available for completion of jobs by estimating, costing, and ordering materials prior to start of work.
• Makes emergency electrical service call as required.
• Tools, equipment, and materials common to the work.
• Local codes which specify type and size of materials for certain types of applications, blueprints, sketches, remodeling, construction, and maintenance practices and methods within the electrical field.
• Estimating, costing, and ordering materials.
• General theory and work practices of electrical systems.
• Occupational hazards and safety codes in performing electrical operations and maintenance work.
• Construction, electrical tools, and equipment.
• Using and demonstrating use of common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the work.
• Reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and schematics as related to buildings and utility service systems.
• Applying local codes.
• Applying and demonstrating methods and practices of remodeling and construction and installing and replacing utility services.
• In estimating, costing, and ordering materials.
• In oral and written communication and interpersonal relationships.
• Understand and interpret blueprints and other specifications of building, electrical and related utility service systems.
• To estimate materials and man-hours and order materials for electrical projects.
• Perform preventative maintenance to motors, batteries, pumps, motor starters, motor control centers, contactors etc.
• Perform duties that will require excellent hand and eye coordination.
Desired qualifications include any combination of education, training, and experience to meet job duties and responsibilities, sufficient to qualify as a journeyman electrician and/or five (5) years in the trade.
Special Job Requirements:
• This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• In State travel required.
• Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background investigation as well as possess the ability to achieve a favorable Tier 3 investigation for the purpose of obtaining/maintaining a Secret clearance eligibility and Common Access Card (CAC) within one year of hire.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.