Are you looking to Trade-Up to a better opportunity? Want to balance both personal time at home and have a rewarding, fulfilling career? We have the opportunity to suit your schedule!
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is searching for observant and dependable Electricians to perform installation and restoration work. These positions are routinely involved in skilled electrical duties in the installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of prison facilities and equipment at Arizona State Prison Complex-Lewis.
- Performs skilled electrical duties in the repair and service of facilities and equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance by inspecting, cleaning, adjusting, or replacing motors, generators, batteries, pumps, belts, etc.
- Interprets/reads blueprints, schematics, drawings, and/or standards for the installation and maintenance of electrical wiring, fixtures, and appliances
- Ensures work performed is completed in compliance with national and local building codes
- Completes routine inspections
- Supervises and teaches inmate work crews on the installation, inspection, maintenance, and repairing of state facilities and equipment
- Makes emergency service calls
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Methods and practices of electrical remodeling, constructing, installing, and replacing major utility services
- Commercial electrical system 227v, 480v, and above
- Using common and specialized tools, equipment, and materials
- Ordering and estimating materials and costs
- Using Microsoft Suite to generate reports and charts
- Repairing, replacing or modifying existing services to update or conform with new requirements
- Testing electrical apparatuses with various meters to detect short, worn out, or weak components and defective connections
- Operating articulating boom lift equipment for the repair of any pole lights
- Written and verbal communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Work in a prison environment
- Supervise inmate work crews on electrical repairs
- Four (4) or more years of experience in the commercial electrical industry
- Minimum two (2) years of hands-on training working with a licensed contractor and a combination of training and experience that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted
- One (1) year of journey-level electrical experience
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.