The Electrician is responsible for a variety of tasks, requiring highly skilled abilities in installing, repairing and maintaining electrical wiring systems, appliances, equipment and controls for the Construction and Facilities Management Office (CFMO) at Papago Park Military Reservation (PPMR) and outlying readiness centers. The position will also be required to perform repair and modification work on specialized electronic/electrical systems, on new and existing energy controls, and building/ HVAC equipment as to meet the needs of the agency statewide. Responds to emergencies and periodically provides call back response to the facilities after-hours/emergency help desk and oversees repair work as necessary; irregular hours may be necessary.
• Diagnosing and repairing malfunctions in electronic/electrical equipment and controls. Equipment includes: electrical distribution panels, circuits and disconnects, internal and external building lighting and power distribution, from power generators or distribution utilities.
• Installing various HVAC equipment and controls.
• Performing work on electrical hardware - from 11 Oto 480 volts AC - to ensure electrical power is available to DEMA facilities.
• Repairing and upgrading electrical services to comply with changing requirements while following and being familiar with the latest electrical and building codes; the performance or preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment; conducting tests and troubleshooting of various electrical circuits and components and making emergency electrical service calls as required.
• Determining equipment and materials required for work and purchasing materials as needed for assigned projects. Responsible for assigned equipment.
• Participating in the planning, estimating, costing and ordering of materials in a timely and efficient manner; detecting and resolving work stoppages.
• Maintaining a record of materials used, equipment, working hours expended, vehicle mileage and other information as required for work projects.
• Writing reports and completes work orders regarding activities, transactions and progress covering a specified time period or project completion.
• Coordinating with building managers, engineers and planners to design, fabricate and oversee various construction and repair projects as well as coordinating projects with vendors, co-workers, customers, etc.
• Assuring all work complies with State and Federal building codes and is responsible for compliance with state procedures, policies, work, work methods and safety of assigned personnel.
• Consistently maintain all credentials necessary to perform all tasks assigned and attend job related and/or other opportunities for training and certifications.
• National and Local building codes.
• Methods and practices involved in remodeling, construction, installation and replacing major utilities services.
• Common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the work.
• Techniques of work leadership and training.
• Rules and regulations to supervise inmates.
• The use of common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the work.
• Applying and demonstration of proper methods and techniques in caring for and maintaining buildings/grounds.
• Demonstrating, operating, and performing preventative maintenance on powered/non-powered grounds equipment and tools.
• The layout, installation, repair and maintenance of automated irrigation systems.
• Verbal and written communications.
• Using computers and typical Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power-point).
• Being self-motivated
• Conduct estimating, costing, and order materials.
• Read and interpret blueprints and schematics as it relates to buildings and related utilities services systems.
• Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
• Write reports and complete works regarding activities, transactions and progress covering a specific time period or project.
• Determine equipment and materials needed.
Desired qualifications include any combination of experience, education and training that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities described. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years or more performing commercial electrical work while under the supervision of a journeyman electrician and two years certified academic training as an electrician. Journeyman Electrician; Licensed Electrician in AZ. Additional professional trade certifications.
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state issued driver's license. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete a required driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
• In and out of State travel required.
• Individual is required to pass a criminal background investigation.
• Requires the ability to achieve a favorable National Agency Check with investigation for the purpose of obtaining a Common Access Card (CAC).
• Must be willing and able to supervise DOC minimum-security inmates.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.