The Electrician performs journeyman level work in support of the international pilot training program, ensuring all electrical systems are operating efficiently and effectively. Works under limited supervision of a Physical Plant Supervisor including inspection, servicing, repairing and installing a wide variety of equipment, machinery and systems which use electrical power. Performs repair or upgrades to electrical service with needed requirements using the latest building codes. Performs skilled electrical duties and preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment using meters, perform ground testing, lightning protection testing, troubleshooting various electrical circuits and components. Make emergency electrical calls as needed. Schedule periodic inspections and servicing activities. Inspect and service a wide variety of electrical equipment / systems to ensure safe, efficient operation. Installs new electrical equipment and systems as needed. Order material as necessary. Follows and adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures. Maintains records, prepare periodic reports of work activities. Perform periodic inspections of base wide fire suppression system and controls associated.
● Install associated electrical hardware to ensure electrical power is available to all facilities. Install and repair fire alarm panels, intrusion alarms, and motor controls. Install both high and low voltage transformers as needed. Perform preventative maintenance on all components of the electrical system. Perform confined space entry upon completion if training. Read and interpret blue prints, schematics and manuals. Installation must meet industry standards. Wing policies and procedures must be adhered to when repairing or installing equipment.
● Inspect base electrical infrastructure according to Integrated Engineer Management System (iEMS) generated maintenance programs. Inspect and maintain building fire alarm panels and (wet) fire suppression systems throughout the Wing.
● Utilize trade specific hand tools along with specialized trade required tools. Complete all necessary paperwork before initiating work orders and after work order competition. Maintain maintenance and inspection records for future reference. Ensure all work performance meets the standard for both national and local codes.
● Ensure all new material installations are captured and recorded with the Civil Engineer Production Control for record keeping. Perform inspections on work completed by contractors to ensure code compliance. Must be capable of working one (1) weekend a month on a rotating shift. Assist in evaporative cooler start up and shutdowns as needed.
● Use of GOVT. issued computer. Create material requisitions utilizing iEMS. Maintain a stock of items deemed critical to avoid down time of equipment. Follow agency given guidance to meet budget restrictions and deadlines. Make emergency after hours electrical related service calls as needed on a rotating shift.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Desired Qualifications:
● Knowledge of installing, repairing or upgrading electrical systems.
● Knowledge of remodeling, construction practices and methods used in the electrical field
● Knowledge of fire alarm panels, motor control centers and high/low voltage transformers.
● Knowledge of blueprints or other specifications of building, electrical and related projects.
● Knowledge of estimating, costing and ordering materials for electrical projects.
● Knowledge of National and local electrical codes.
● Knowledge of established safety guidelines and procedures.
● Knowledge of high voltage
● Skilled in the proper use of tools, materials, and test equipment common to the electrical trade.
● Skilled in the proper and safe service and install of electrical equipment.
● Skilled in the preventative maintenance of motors, batteries, pumps, fire alarms, motor stators, motor control centers.
● Skilled in estimating electrical project requirements to include amounts of material, cost and man hours.
● Skilled in reading, understanding, and interpreting blueprints or other specifications related to building electrical and related utility systems.
● Skilled in communication both written and oral.
● Skilled in customer service and interpersonal relationships.
● Diagnose / trouble shoot problems / malfunctions in a wide variety of electrical equipment / systems.
● Read, interpret blueprints and other building schematics.
● Plan, coordinate, comprehend and prioritize work projects.
● Monitor parts inventories and work logs using a computer.
● Effectively communicate in both written and oral with both military and non-military personnel.
● Work as an effective team member as needed.
● Provide outstanding customer service.
● Complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
● Work outside in extreme temperatures.
● Operate and use computers and computer programs such as Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Desired qualifications include any combination of experience, education, and training that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described. Preferred candidate will have three (3) years work experience as a Journeyman Electrician.
Special Job Requirements:
● Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State of Arizona driver’s license. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
● Individual is required to pass a criminal background investigation.
● Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background investigation as well as possess the ability to achieve a favorable Tier 1 investigation for the purpose of obtaining a Common Access Card (CAC) within one year of hire.
● Must meet all eligibility requirements to enter other federal installations such as Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and Fort Huachuca.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.