Are you ready to make a difference in someone’s life? Are you ready for a rewarding full-time position (40 hours per week) with comprehensive paid training, great benefits and the possibility of teleworking? As an Eligibility Interviewer, you will determine eligibility for Arizonans in need of Nutrition Assistance, Medical Assistance and/or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. This is an ideal position for an individual who is highly motivated, has decision-making skills, can work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced call center environment, and can provide quality interaction and communication with our clients. If you are passionate about making Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential, we want to see you join our team!!!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
• Provide excellent customer service to our clients in a fast-paced call center environment
• Exhibit reliable attendance to successfully complete paid training and be successful in this position
• Exhibit skill and diplomacy in working with clients facing challenging and personal situations
• Collect and gather information to conduct interviews to make eligibility determinations for medical, food, and financial assistance
• Complete the application process, while entering data on a computer and accessing multiple screens
• Verify client information by interacting with internal and external customers, and federal, state, and local entities
• Adhere to agency standards in a high-volume call center, measured by metrics and standards related to service levels, accuracy, and timeliness
• Commit to ongoing learning of program policies and procedures and the ability to apply accordingly
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Jennifer Honhoinewa at JHonhoinewa@azdes.gov. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-771-2066.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.