The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Eligibility Systems Support Manager. This is a Technical Support position for the Division of Member Services in the Office of System Coordination working discrepancies on system based reconciliation reports, performing system based special projects and providing technical support to 300 eligibility staff through a call center/email assistance hot line. The position has responsibility for 2 supervisors and 16 PSE 4 indirect reports.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to unit supervisors and their teams. Evaluate individual and team performance in areas to include productivity, quality, timeliness and other associated Performance Appraisal Performance and Behavioral categories.
• Manage special projects and system based reconciliation reporting to maintain system integrity and provide accurate information to customers.
• Analyze driving trends and root cause analysis. Be a catalyst for change analysis and work with technical staff to prevent, repair and enhance systems, processes and procedures.
• Provides oversight of the inbound call center technical type of "Help Desk" support provided to OMS staff on Medicaid computer systems, programs, and supporting automation based tools over the phone.
• Champion Arizona Management System (AMS) for the unit, lead and participate on AMS projects at both the unit and division level, incorporate AMS and the division values into the culture of the unit. Create a team and culture with a high level of employee engagement.
• Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
• Knowledge of principles of management and supervision and techniques for hiring, training coaching, etc. along w/personnel rules and procedures.
• Knowledge of Arizona Management System and lean concepts.
• Skilled in analytic reasoning, mathematical, and computational skills.
• Skilled in effective communication; writing, speaking, and interaction with others, including listening and providing feedback. Interpreting, evaluating, researching and problem solving.
• Skilled in management skills, able to lead, plan negotiate, make decisions and meet deadlines and specified goals using discretion and good judgment.
• Skilled in organizational skills with materials and thought and able to prioritize work and assignments.
• Ability to interpret, evaluate, research and problem solve, to prioritize work and assignments.
• Ability to Resolve problems.
• Maintain complex relationship w/internal and external customers.
• There (3) years of Medicaid eligibility experience related to researching or determining eligibility.
• One (1) year of supervisor experience.
• Arizona Driver License.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.