The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Operations Division/Strategic Enterprise Technology Section is seeking an “Enterprise Technology Support (ETS) Supervisor”. This position will work under the general supervision of the Director of Strategic Programs and Systems. The ETS Supervisor will exercise direct supervision over the ETS staff, support end user systems, and may assist by providing input on the direction of endpoint technology.
• Technical responsibilities include: planning, installation, design, implementation, and maintenance of the desktop, applications, printing, copying, and other endpoint systems.
• Supervises the staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed
• Trains staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques
• Assess and coach ETS staff, complete employee performance evaluations
• Decisions are guided by policies and procedures; receives guidance and oversight from manager
• Provide prompt resolution to escalations of endpoint technical issues
• Assess root cause of incidents and develop proactive plans to reduce ETS calls
• Build a highly proficient ETS team ensuring that staff are capable of supporting current and future technologies
• Mentor ETS staff on professional communications
• Spearhead staff documentation of processes and incident response methods
• Build a robust technical library of support issues and resolutions utilizing the agency document management system.
This is a working supervisor position and will require hands on expertise and technical assistance to ETS staff.
• Thorough knowledge of service offerings, customer service principles and processes, desktop applications, web-based applications, client/server applications, computer hardware, standard operating systems, common third-party software applications, internally developed custom applications, application integrations, networking protocols, and any other computer-related technologies
• Strong working knowledge of computer system architecture
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Demonstrated ability to resolve incidents/problems efficiently and effectively, recognizing customers’ competence levels, and able to approach each level appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to supervise small to medium teams
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate needs and priorities of both internal and external customers
• Demonstrated capability as a self-starter, strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to complete projects by assigned
• Demonstrated ability to plan for desktop equipment rollout to meet software upgrade requirements
• Demonstrated ability to organize, review and summarize ticketing system information
Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in related discipline, or a minimum of 5 years Technology Support supervision experience.
• Travel is required for this position. A valid Arizona Driver’s License is required, along with consent to have your driving record run periodically.
• All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General's Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
The Attorney General's Office offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at (602) 542-8056 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the AG’s Human Resources Office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at HumanResources@azag.gov. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Operations Division, 2005 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.