Our Technical Analysis Unit Manager is responsible for:
• Manage work performed by staff and completion of projects
• Oversee Air Quality modeling, emissions inventory
• Management for the Regional Haze State Implementation Plan
• Function as technical and regulatory resource for staff, stakeholders, customers and public
• Ensure ADEQ maintains a trusting relationship with end-users
• Ensures the unit is in compliance with program goals, state and federal rules and regulations and grant requirements
• Manage unit budget
All our Unit Managers champion continuous improvement projects within the unit and recommend and implement program or operational improvements; assist in the development of goals and strategies; develop policies and procedures related to planning; ensure the unit operations meet established time lines and objectives; and provide guidance and interpretation of federal/state laws/regulations related to complex regulatory situations.
• Bachelor's degree in the fields of Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or closely related field
• 3-5 years of relevant Air Quality experience
• 2 years of supervisory experience
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefit
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.