As an Environmental Science Specialist (Operation Certification Coordinator) you will support the development of the Operator Outreach program and assist the Groundwater Value Stream with development of their operator certification program. The outreach program is for educating Operators in Arizona on how to properly maintain and operate their water systems.
• Attending outreach events and representing ADEQ as a subject matter expert on the Operator Certification Program
• Coordinating outreach events in a virtual and in person format on a monthly basis
• Preparing annual operations reports
• Maintain Operator Certification committee meeting; membership, minutes, direction
• Strong communication skills required for dealing with multiple internal and external customers on a variety of technical and nontechnical topics
• You will also be responsible for auditing Operator Companies and contracts to ensure they meet all minimum standards as outlined by rule
• All other duties as required
• Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations, environmental sciences and research, AZ sources of pollution, best practices for preventing the release of pollutants, environmental research, investigation techniques and statistical analysis, Agency policies and processes,
• Ability to understand and apply environmental rules and statues; to follow guidance documents, standard operating procedures, and other technical instructions in performance of tasks; to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports; and to summarize completed tasks and/or monitoring data orally and in written communication
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelors degree in Education, Communication, Business Administration, Environmental Science/Management, Environmental/Civil Engineering, Sustainability or Hydrology
• Level 1: 0-2 years’ experience
• Level 2: 2 years’ experience
• Experience with outreach planning and coordination
• Strong organizational skills and ability to schedule, conduct and manage multiple projects at the same time
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Plan
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.