Address: 2407 E. Navajo Boulevard, Suite E., Holbrook, AZ 86025
Work Schedule: Monday Thru Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
This Equipment Repair Technician position offers a great opportunity for you to combine your journey level mechanical experience and your excellent diagnostic skills in maintaining the Light/Heavy Equipment Fleet for ADOT. You’ll stay challenged with a diverse set of job duties and enjoy working in a fast-paced and supportive work environment. CDL training may be provided by EQS if necessary.
*This position is eligible to participate in the ASE Stipend Pay Program, employees can earn up to $14,400 a year with qualifying certifications.
*We will reimburse 100% of the cost for passed ASE tests!
*Uniforms provided to shop employees at no charge and are eligible to participate in the Safety-toe Shoe reimbursement program (100% of cost up to $175.00 per year)
*Personal Tool Allowance of $600.00 per calendar year and Personal Tool Insurance Coverage up to $10,000/tools and up to $15,000/toolbox for qualified losses on state premises.
This position is responsible for performing highly skilled diagnostic, inspections, and mechanical repairs of electrical, electronic, and/or hydraulic systems on a wide variety of automotive/heavy construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Diagnose and repair gasoline and diesel powered internal combustion engines.
• Inspect a wide variety of automotive and/or heavy construction equipment in accordance with safety/scheduled preventative maintenance checklists.
• Service/repair a wide variety of automotive and/or heavy construction equipment on-site using a mobile repair/lube truck.
• Operate vehicles and/or equipment requiring a driver’s license and/or CDL.
Potential for premium overtime pay during winter operations and emergency call back situations.
• Power/drive train system inspection, diagnosis and repair procedures.
• Electrical systems inspection, diagnosis, and repair procedures.
• Electronic control systems inspection, diagnosis, and repair procedures.
• Computerized diagnostic analyzer use procedures and practices.
• Hydraulic systems inspection, diagnosis, and repair procedures.
• Operating principles of gasoline and diesel powered internal combustion engines.
• Fleet maintenance shop safety principles and practices.
• Record keeping principles and practices.
• Repairing and maintaining mechanical, electrical, electronic and automotive/heavy construction equipment.
• Operating computerized diagnostic analyzer equipment.
• Estimating time cost of repair maintenance work for a wide variety of automotive/heavy construction equipment.
• Scheduling/coordinating automotive/heavy construction equipment service and repair to maximize utilization.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Interpret repair manuals, service bulletins and recall bulletins.
• Utilize a PC and PC programs.
• Manage time effectively.
• Lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull 90 lbs; pass a physical exam.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
Five years of journey level experience diagnosing and repairing a variety of light automotive and heavy construction equipment or education/training from a certified/accredited school. Education may be substituted on a month-for-month basis for the experience, up to a maximum of two years.
ASE Master Certification in Automotive and/or Medium-Heavy Duty Truck is highly desirable.
MACS (Mobile Air Conditioning Society) Certification or equivalent is required.
Successful candidate must have their own tools for the position.
Employment is contingent upon passing a medical/physical examination.
Position requires possession of a valid Class A CDL with a "N" endorsement or the ability to obtain a Class A CDL with "N" endorsement within the sixth month of employment. Must retain said license and endorsements during the period of employment. Additional endorsements may be required during the period of employment to meet shop mission requirements. Registration with the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse (Clearinghouse) is a requirement for all CDL holder’s.
Once a Class A permit is obtained, the selected employee will be required to register and authorize ADOT to conduct limited queries on their CDL for the duration of their employment. Register by visiting https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Register
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign PART 1 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.11 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Mandatory participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is required.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 712-7279. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. ADOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.