Educator Preparation and Certification Section
The purpose of this position is to support the implementation and monitoring of effective systems, based on data and research, to increase the pool of effective teachers in high-need Arizona schools and districts. It will support the Educator Recruitment and Retention team with logistics, event planning, project management, materials development materials distribution, and communication for all aspects of professional development, training activities, and recruitment and retention activities. The Project Specialist is responsible for supporting Educator Recruitment and Retention activities including:
• Event planning and project management for all aspects of professional development, training activities, and recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to the statewide job fair, Supervisor of Principals Academy, Principals Academy, Teacher Leader Academy as well as other educator recruitment and retention activities and events both in person, virtual, and hybrid
• Collection, organization, validation, and dissemination of data to support the recruitment and retention of educators
• Maintain, update, and create content for unit web pages
• Design brochures, materials, and publications
• Routine office tasks such as copying, filing, organizing; and
The Program Project Specialist supports the DAS, Directors, and Education Program Specialists in the Educator Recruitment and Retention program area.
In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
• Event planning and project management of professional development, training activities, and recruitment and retention activities in person, hybrid, and virtual including communication, materials, and all logistics
• Maintain, update, and create content for unit webpages
• Design and create brochures, publications, and materials
• Assist with unit newsletter and other communication
• Assist the with collection, organization, validation, and dissemination of data to support the recruitment and retention of educators creating spreadsheets, maintaining documents electronically, and adhering to state file retention policies
• Support procurement, accounts payable, travel, and other general office duties
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Event planning and project management
• Customer service best practices
• Facilitating virtual meetings and trainings (technology, set up, monitoring, recording, and posting
• Web page design and development, maintenance, and accessibility compliance
• Spreadsheet usage, analysis, maintenance
• Layout and design principles related to technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Technical and mathematical
• Customer service
• Event planning and project management
• Organizing and prioritizing multiple projects while meeting deadlines with high quality work products
• Analytical problem-solving
• Organizational skills
• Data analysis
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point, and TEAMs
• Virtual platforms including Zoom
• Advanced webpage design and development
• Take appropriate initiative
• Complete assignments accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner
• Evaluate situations and respond quickly and tactfully
• Instill trust and confidence
• Develop rapport with a variety of stakeholders
• Develop and maintain professional relationships
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
Preference will be given to those applicants with knowledge of and/or experience in the Arizona K-12 and post-secondary systems
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Work from home options available for appropriate positions
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.