The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Examiner Technician 2 for the Centralized Document Services (CDS) team.
This position is responsible for:
• Reviewing documents/applications received from current and potential clients.
• Preparing eligibility documents, bar-code, scan, index, and upload documents.
• Set alerts, send appropriate notice and/or email, correct address in system, document, scan, and validate returned mail.
• Pick-up returned mail from the Post Office, open and date stamp mail, sort prepare, research, and prepare documents.
• Ensuring all documents are translated to English.
• Answering the telephone, screen calls and refer to the appropriate person following administration and office/unit guidelines, may require translation services or bilingual speaking staff. (May act as lobby specialist or greeter assisting clients).
• Re-indexing documents scanned into incorrect eligibility types.
• Serving as a lead to monitor or assist with monitoring of schedules, workflow, assists with educating staff on work functions and/or prepare instructional materials, gather and compile data and submit reports accurately and timely when applicable.
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Knowledge of basic program rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of imaging equipment (scanner, MFP, terminal, etc.) practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of problem resolution techniques.
• Knowledge of operation of terminal computer to input data and review case records.
• Knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
• Skills in good listening, oral and written communication skills.
• Skills in establish and maintain effective working relationship skills.
• Skills in effective time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment (fax, printer, copier, scanner)
• Ability to develop or enhance operating procedures to improve unit efficiency.
• Ability to apply policies and procedures accurately and timely.
• Ability to compile data and complete reports accurately and timely.
• Ability to adapt to changing environments and new technologies.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona Vehicle registration, however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
• On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 520-255-9053. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. For questions, contact Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Lizeth Chavez at LizethChavez@azdes.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.