Please apply on our website. Do you have several years’ experience as a financial statement auditor with some supervisory ability? Are you looking for a way to use your skills to make a positive difference in your community? If this sounds like you, join our team of dedicated accounting professionals who conduct financial statement and compliance audits in accordance with the AICPA's generally accepted auditing standards and other auditing standards.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols to help ensure everyone's safety.
As an Auditor II on our team, you will conduct financial and compliance audits of the State and its agencies, universities, counties, and community colleges. Auditor IIs are also responsible for providing some guidance and supervision to auditor Is and assisting the manager and audit seniors with administrative tasks, including the audit time budgets and auditor I performance evaluations.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 24 completed semester hours of accounting and a minimum 3.0 GPA in accounting courses. Minimum of 2 years of financial statement audit experience. Placement or promotion to Auditor II requires a demonstrated proficiency of accounting and reporting requirements and the ability to perform intermediate and more difficult audit work.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Proven ability to work independently, work collaboratively, and be able to keep up with ever-changing priorities.
• Knowledge and understanding of AICPA’s auditing standards and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board’s accounting and reporting standards at an intermediate level.
• Ability to evaluate auditee’s internal controls, including IT general controls, and determine auditee’s compliance with laws, regulations, and other applicable standards.
• Demonstrates exceptional communication skills with others inside and outside of the Office.
• Ability to think with a creative and innovative perspective, keeping up to date on technologies that might enhance processes, and open to change and improvements.
• Supervising and evaluating assigned team members, including coaching, delegating, and providing on-the-job training and professional development.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous vacation with 10 paid holidays per year and paid sick leave
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options
• Business casual dress code
• Continuing education and path to advancement
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.