Please apply on our website for this position.
Do you have several years’ experience in performance auditing, program analysis, or other related work? Our Performance Audit Division needs experienced auditors who enjoy working in a team environment, have some experience supervising others, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Join us and grow your career while helping to improve government agencies and programs!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols to help ensure everyone's safety.
Arizona Auditor General. As an Auditor II on our team, you will research our auditees to gain an overall understanding of their work and then evaluate their effectiveness and efficiency by conducting tasks such as reviewing policies and procedures, observing agency processes, and conducting interviews with agency management and personnel. You will use your experience to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of auditee operations and programs and determine their compliance with laws, regulations, and other applicable standards. With your team, you will prepare audit documentation to support the findings and recommendations in the audit report.
A bachelor's degree in the social sciences or humanities in a field that emphasizes analytical skills, research, writing, and data analysis, such as, Anthropology, English, History, Journalism, Investigative Journalism, Political Science, Philosophy, or Public Administration AND at least 2 years of experience in performance auditing, financial auditing, internal auditing, program evaluation, management or policy analysis, or related experience, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
A master's degree in the social sciences, humanities, or other professional field, such as History, Journalism, Investigative Journalism, Anthropology, English, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, or Public Policy, emphasizing analytical skills, research, writing, and data organization of and at least 1 year of experience in performance auditing, financial auditing, internal auditing, program evaluation, management or policy analysis, or related experience, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Placement or promotion to an Auditor II requires a demonstrated proficiency and capability of an experienced audit professional who can perform tasks at a high-level.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively and work well under pressure.
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and accurately.
• Knowledge of government operations, laws, regulations, and applicable government auditing standards at an intermediate level.
• Strong research abilities and exemplary oral and written communication.
• A strong work ethic, including being responsible, organized, timely, and honest.
• Ability to think with a creative and innovative perspective and be open to change and improving processes.
• Ability to interact with team members, other Office divisions, and outside entities professionally and ethically.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous vacation with 10 paid holidays per year and paid sick leave
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options
• Business casual dress code
• Continuing education and path to advancement
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.