At ADEQ, our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection, through technical and operational excellence, and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for team members who are committed to our vision, driven to excel in their career and is passionate about our mission.
Our General Services Manager leads the General Services (GS) team, which includes building space utilization, floor plan layout, coordination of construction, in-suite maintenance, shipping and receiving, incoming and outgoing mail, fixed-asset inventory and surplus coordination, front desk management and vehicle fleet management. This position is also responsible for organizing and developing the GS team, promptly responding to and resolving customer requests and complaints, ensuring the quality of services provided and engaging the customer to ensure satisfaction for all services provided by the GS team. As a people manager, this position will also evaluate and coach the GS staff and develop a transformative culture of continuous improvement.
This position works and communicates with all levels of the agency and interfaces with multiple external agencies. The GS team supports our agency program partners with a goal of minimizing the time needed to access services to maximize time available for mission work. This position works closely with the agency Business and Finance team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Strong organizational skills, polished verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated with strong work ethic, skilled in time management
• Able to successfully manage multiple ongoing tasks and projects simultaneously
• Customer and mission focused mindset
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, facilities management, engineering or a closely related field
• 3-5 years of experience in general services, facilities mgmt., project mgmt., in a government agency or private industry
• 2 years of supervisory experience, transformative leader
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.